Share on Google Plus Share on Twitter Share on Facebook 210 Share on LinkedIn 82 Share on PInterest Share on Fark! Share on Reddit 183 Share on StumbleUpon Tell A Friend (475 Shares)  

Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites   No comments

How Do You Finance Your Writing Habit?

By       (Page 2 of 2 pages)     Permalink

Related Topic(s): ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; (more...) ; ; , Add Tags  (less...)  Add to My Group(s)

Rate It | View Ratings H3'ed 5/31/13
Author 92
Message J.L. Morin

Similarly, it was an artist (lithographer) who started Bertelsmann, the German company that owns 100% of Random House. Random House's largest human stakeholder, Liz Mohn, owns 19.1 % of Bertelsmann, and serves both on its supervisory board and on the board of The Bertelsmann Foundation, which owns the other 80.9% of Bertelsmann. Her memoir is, arguably, self-published.

If authors have to publish through a big corporation, they must write what the corporation wants to hear--which, shall we say, takes the fun out of their work. It also makes it almost impossible for authors to write the truth.

Who among today's graduating writers will travel this lonely road without giving up their art? Harvard graduates, whether their reading of this landscape defeat or challenge be, commit one thing to memory: Veritas!

This article first appeared at

Next Page  1  |  2


Rate It | View Ratings

J.L. Morin is the award-winning author of "Occupy's Frist Bestselling Novel," TRADING DREAMS, a #1 bestseller in 'Political Fiction' at Amazon that unmasks hypocrisy in the banking industry and tosses corruption onto the horns of the Wall Street (more...)

Share on Google Plus Submit to Twitter Add this Page to Facebook! Share on LinkedIn Pin It! Add this Page to Fark! Submit to Reddit Submit to Stumble Upon Share Author on Social Media   Go To Commenting

The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.

Writers Guidelines

Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles

Most Popular Articles by this Author:     (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author)

How Do You Finance Your Writing Habit? (2796 views)

Total Views: 2796

To View Comments or Join the Conversation: